Sunday 1 May 2011

A little lesson

When i was in grade 6, The head teacher called me to her office. There was a counsellor in there and my class teacher. To a ten year old, being called into the head teachers office surrounded by 'concerned faces' was, well, TERRIFYING! anyway, that is not the point. I could spend ages telling you about the trouble i got into in prep school. The point is, is that the teachers in that world said i had a problem. No not downs or dyslexia (<--which i have been told i have by the way but i don't) They said that i spent too much time with my head in the clouds. Too much time fantasying about what could or might happen. But hasn't. That is to say, I live a virtual existence. Imagining rather than doing. Not a could thing if you want to pass matric. So recently, when tragedy has struck, i thought about this little meeting i had. The one i never told my parents about, for fear of being locked up in heaven knows what kind of awful mental institute. I suppose the teachers thought my loving 'rents would take me out of school. Send me to place where i would be 'better adapted to social activities' but as my Mutti and Farty never knew about the encounter, i continued at St Cyps. And i won a scholarship to the High School there. So you never know what could happen. if i had left, i would never had found my amazing friends, or gotten so close to certain people. <-- That is the thought i shall leave you with. You never know what might happen if youjust believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment