Tuesday 3 May 2011

Its Only Dark Poetry

I wade through hurricanes,
whirling miserable cyclones;
I twist in the sky and fall to the ground
in deafening thuds that break hearts.
I crash to the floor, to crumble and burn
an angry force. Everlasting, never-ending.
I am lost in hate, surrounded by lies
in this lonely expanse, called my mind.
A rage glows inside me like the sun in the desert
its rays penetrating my soul
and creeping in my veins
Eyes watch and eyes see
I am always alone. Only me.

When is it over?
When is it done?
This awful disaster has only just begun
I scream to the silence. I roar to the night
beating the ground, lost in the fight

Stamping the ferns like lives in a jail
an echoing noise, a piecing wail.
I am an unopened letter never did it send
A raging storm rarely has an end
I punch and I kick
I beat and I shudder
Like leaves in the wind, a bag in the gutter
as I fall in the rain, the end begins again
I break apart, losing my insides
whatever was there I simply can’t find
I could search forever but there’s no-where to go
Caught up in my hate, wrapped in woe.
I tumble and churn fiery and hot
I fear that pain might never stop
I wasn’t ready when it came, I prey for it to leave
I was left without hope, yet I’ll always believe.
- Ty Bennett

No comments:

Post a Comment